Established in 1857 Belleek Pottery holds a very special place in the cultural and commercial heritage of County Fermanagh. Nestling on the banks of the River Erne this imposing building is home to the world famous Belleek Fine Parian china and also to one of Irelands top five visitor attractions.
The building which, up until 1988, was used to produce Belleek has since been refurbished internally and features a museum, tearoom, video theatre and showroom.
In the main reception area a large bell hangs graciously on the wall; a bell that is well over 100 years old and was first used in the Pottery to call the Pottery staff back to work after tea and dinner breaks. The bell is used to this day but now to call together groups of our guests to join us on a magical trip to unravel the manufacturing process of our products.
The guided tour takes approximately 30 minutes and covers all of the production areas thereby offering our guests the possibility of meeting with and chatting with our craftspeople; something that we encourage.
Because the tour route was designed into the new refurbishment programme of the Pottery over the last seven years all of the viewing areas are on level ground and, therefore, provide easy access for all (in the unlikely event of someone being tired wheelchairs are provided). Unlike many other Potteries we have chosen to provide a personal guide for all groups.